How-to: Dialogue and Deliberation overall
- Gastil, John, and Peter Levine, The Deliberative Democracy Handbook (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2005).
- Heierbacher, Sandy, Tonya Gonzalez, Bruce Feustel, and David E. Booher, "Deliberative Democracy Networks: A Resource Guide," National Civic Review 93, 2004.
- Heierbacher, Sandy, and Tonya Gonzalez, "Beginner's Toolkit to Dialogue and Deliberation," http://www.ncdd.org
- Houlé, Kristin, and Rona Roberts, Toward Competent Communities (Lexington, KY: Roberts & Kay, Inc., 2000).
- Leighninger, Matt, Smart Democracy: How to Engage Citizens, IQ Report (Washington, DC: International City/County Managers Association, January 2002).
- Lukensmeyer, Carolyn, and Lars Hasselblad Torres, Public Deliberation: A Manager's Guide to Citizen Engagement (Washington, DC: IBM Center for the Business of Government, 2006).
- Ponomareff, Shirley, and Matt Leighinger, Building Communities: The ABCs of Public Dialogue (Washington, DC: League of Women Voters, 2004).
- Shapiro, Ilana, Training for Racial Equity and Inclusion: A Guide to Selected Programs (Washington, DC: The Aspen Institute, 2002).
- Wright, Gwen, Christopher Hoene, and Matt Leighninger, Making Progress Toward Issues of Race: Goals and Processes for Citizen Involvement (Washington, DC: National League of Cities, 2003).